As I wrote in my previous blog post, I met with another recruitment consultant from Hudson this morning. In order to introduce myself to her, I did some work on my elevator pitch and further developed my Unique Selling Proposition (USP). In fact, I typed all this up and and gave her a printout of it. And, since I'm applying for an Internet-related position and the best place to learn more about me is indeed online, I added a section on that too.
Here's what I came up with:
(Extended) Elevator Pitch
Experience: Six years of experience in IT consulting and management, over five of which were spent in the strategic planning, technical development, business integration, and marketing of websites, web portals, intranets, and social media sites. Overall, eight years of work experience.
Immediate career goals: A management or consulting role that involves the alignment of business and marketing strategy with online strategy. This could include the formulation (i.e. research and analysis), implementation (i.e. administration and management), or further development (i.e. testing and advancement) of such a strategy. An online strategy includes internal and external marketing and communications and the use of social media to communicate with stakeholders internally and across the value chain.
Unique Selling Proposition
- Uniquely positioned between IT, marketing, and senior (strategic) management – with a background in IT and experience in all three areas
- Management and consulting experience in small start-ups, large multinationals, local and global non-profits, and government organizations
- Have been developing websites professionally since 1997; specialize in the use of social media
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills; have experience in teaching and training
- Website: /ameel
- Professional blog: /acme
- Personal blog: /randomtangent
- LinkedIn profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/ameelkhan
- Twitter stream: http://twitter.com/ameel
So what do you think? Does that sum things up nicely?